What is the eCourse

The eCourse is an online course that is now required to be completed prior to any BRCu class and students must present a Certificate of Completion at the beginning of class. You cannot be allowed into a class without this. At Saddle-Up the eCourse is free to all registered BRCu students.

What does a motorcycle safety course cost?

The Basic Riders Course is $245 (required for licensing).

Do I have to have a motorcycle to take a course?

For the Basic Riders Course, motorcycles are provided.  For the 3wBRCu and all advanced courses students will ride their own motorcycles. The training bikes provided are small displacement motorcycles ideal for the purposes of the basic course.

Is this course approved by the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Motor Vehicles?

Yes!  All courses taught by Saddle-up are approved by the Texas Department of Public Safety, and the BRCu meets the state licensing requirement for a motorcycle endorsement. Both the BRCu and the BRCu-2 can qualify for ticket dismissal.

What should I bring to my first course?

Protective riding gear is required: this includes sturdy over the ankle footwear, long pants, long sleeved shirt or jacket, full fingered gloves, and eye protection. A DOT certified helmet is also required but one will be provided if needed. We will be riding outside in whatever mother nature throws at us so be prepared (rain, cold heat etc…). It is also advised that you bring water and snacks as well.

Is private instruction available?

Yes, we can accommodate individuals who prefer private instruction, you’ll have to contact Saddle-up for pricing and to arrange a class.

Are student discounts available?

There is a 10% discount available for all Texas Tech students, faculty, and staff.

What happens if I am dismissed or do not pass?

Your safety and the safety of your fellow classmates is our first priority. In the uncommon event that the first class of safety training is less than adequate, we will review with you what options are best to ensure your safety and enjoyment.

What happens if I pass?

If you are in this skilled group, you will receive the MSB-8 certificate required by DPS to get your motorcycle endorsement. For most, all you’ll have to do is take a written test at DPS, pay a fee and you’ll be on your way (contact your local licensing office for specifics). Perhaps more importantly, you will share the self-confidence and camaraderie that only a group learning session with similarly motivated motorcyclists can provide.

I’m a good rider, why do I need a safety class?

Almost all accomplished professionals (doctors, scientists, artists, and athletes) recognize the value of mentoring and coaching. It is easy to develop habits that may not be optimal to your safety and enjoyment. We hope to provide you, the experienced motorcyclist, with an objective opportunity to further your knowledge and skills